Purposeful Design textbooks have supplemental files available as electronic files. Most of these files are compressed due to their size. These compressed files are called "zip" or "zipped" files. They must be "unzipped" or "extracted" before they can be used.
Extracting Zip files using Windows Explorer:
- To open your downloaded zip file, locate the file in your Downloads folder. Right click on the file you wish to extract and select “Open with” a “Windows Explorer.”
- This will open a window showing the list of files. Click on the word “Extract.”
- Next, click “Extract All.”
- You will be asked to select a destination folder where you wish to save the files. Use the “Browse” button to save to a different folder.
- In this example, I browsed to the folder “Example” inside of my “Documents” folder. (You can create a new folder in advance for your files if you wish.) Now click the button “Select Folder.”
- The folder you selected will be shown as the destination for your files. Now click “Extract.”
- You will now see the extracted files in the selected folder. Double click a file or folder to open it.